Kayaking is one of the best ways to experience and explore the beautiful waterways. It’s more fun when you have a kayak of your own and you are in the whole control, right? Personalizing your kayak with your own unique touches adds up to more thrills and adventures. Whether you are leisurely paddling, nature viewing or fishing on lakes, rivers or ocean, there are tons of cool kayak accessories to provide you with a safe and successful trip.
Nowadays, there are lots of kayak accessories out in the market such as paddles, paddle leash, storage bags, holders and so on and each in so many different kayak brands. With so many products, it can be quite confusing to find the best ones for your kayak, right? The best kayak accessories are designed to reduce your struggle and make your waterway trip safe. On the other hand, the wrong ones can do much harm.
That’s why we have done our research to find the top best kayak accessories for you so that you can have your best waterway trip!
Kayak Accessories at a Glance:
- Best kayak paddle leash
- Malone kayak rack
- Best dry bags for sea kayaking
- Best Kayak Anchor
- Best kayak paddle for fishing
- Best kayak rod holder
- Best kayak gloves
- Best Fishing Backpack
- Best GPS fish finder battery case
- Yeti fishing cooler
Now, let’s get to the detailed reviews on the top cool kayak accessories.
Best kayak paddle leash
Whether you are a recreational kayak fisherman or a pro kayak angler, it’s not uncommon to lose the hold of your paddle while landing a big fish. Or even if somehow your kayak gets flipped you may lose the control of your paddle where your paddle is the only way for you to get back to the shore safely. It makes paddle leash one of the most important kayak accessories for fishing.
In this regard, Camping and Kayaking has brought the best kayak paddle leash in the market. Designed, tested and made in the USA, it’s very light weighted when used as a paddle leash. At the same time, its sturdy enough to be used as a rod leash or wading leash. With 3 gear leashes and durable construction, it’s one of the best and most affordable kayak paddle leashes in the market.
- Designed, tested and made in the USA.
- Complete rod leash and paddle leash package.
- Woven built and sewn long bar tack for great durability.
- Comes with 3 gear leashes. One main leash for the paddle and 2 additional leashes for light gears such as rods.
- Comes with an additional sturdy aluminum carabineer.
- 20 inches of fixed elongation made to never stretch or lose elasticity.
- 20 inches bungee section to reduce the jerking of the kayak while being used as a wading leash.
- One end with a large loop and the other end with a smaller loop to accommodate any gear configuration.
- Brand: Camping and Kayaking
- Material: Polypropylene
- Dimension: 0.1 x 0.1 inches.
- Shipping weight: 2.4 ounces.
- Color: Black.
- Waterproof: Yes.
Why do we recommend the Camping and kayaking paddle leash?
- This is a complete leash system that comes with 3 gear leashes and 1 carabineer.
- It’s basically 32 inches long but it can expand up to 57 inches.
- If you need a longer lash you can tie two leashes together quite easily.
- It’s very light weighted but it’s strong enough to even hold a two thousand dollar kayak without even losing its elasticity.
- You can use it as both a paddle leash and a wading leash.
- Though this package is offering so much, the price is very reasonable compared to other leashes.
[amazon_link asins=’B00MXJFXOE’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=”]
That’s why this Camping and Kayaking paddle leash is one of the best paddle leash available on the market now. You can definitely add this kayak accessory to your kayak for a better and safer kayaking experience.
Malone kayak rack reviews
When you are a water explorer, you must love exploring newer and newer waterways with so much scenic beauty. Though you can drive anywhere easily, the trickiest part is to get your kayak there, right? That’s when you really need a very sturdy and good quality kayak rack. A good quality kayak is built to keep the kayak secured and make the loading and unloading easy. So we’ve picked the best kayak rack for you from Malone. So let’s get to the Malone roof racks reviews!
The Malone kayak rack is a J style roof rack that fits most of the car roofs. It’s mainly built with the objective to make loading and unloading super easy. With the ability to hold up to 75 pounds weight, the Malone kayak Rack is the best value kayak rack in the market.
- Rust-resistant durable construction.
- 2 boat holding capacity with a sturdy carrier system for use on any bars such as round, square and mostly oval cross bars.
- Folding aluminum made octagon shaped posts to keep the kayaks secured.
- Individual strap slots for each kayak.
- Four foam stacker blocks to keep the kayak in the perfect condition throughout the journey.
- Folds down, when not in use for better aerodynamics.
- Easy to assemble and transfer with no tool required.
- 12-foot long cam style load straps made of polypropylene.
- 12-foot bow and stern shaped safety ties.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Brand name: Malone
- Frame construction: Aluminum and Nylon
- Dimension: 5inches length x 5inches width x 20 inches height
- Shipping weight: 8.2 pounds
- Holding capacity: 2 kayaks up to 70 to 80 pounds each
- 2 folding Stax Pro carriers
- 4 foam Stacker Blocks
- 2 universal JAWZ fit mounting blocks
- 4 12-foot cam buckle straps
- 4 bow and stern safety tie-downs
- 1 9-foot cam buckle strap
- Eight 40 and 50-millimeter mounting bolts and T-knobs
- Very easy loading and unloading system.
- Padded surface for protection.
- 2 kayak holding capacity.
- Individual straps for perfect security.
- Buckle protectors for additional safety.
- Good value for money
[amazon_link asins=’B0047THVIO’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5cf1c8ac-e4c6-47e9-8285-b8f61b91096a’]
So here’s my Malone roof racks reviews for you. I hope you find this helpful.
Best dry bags for sea kayaking
Dry bags may sound simple, but it is one of the most important accessories needed while kayaking. The whole kayaking experience doesn’t only include drifting on the water with a paddle. You need to take foods, electronic devices such as a mobile phone, and other gears to make the experience whole. But keeping them dry while kayaking can be very tricky. That’s where the need for a very good dry bag comes!
A good dry bag is made of high-quality waterproof materials that prevent any kind of water entrance. It must be lightweight but very durable so that your stuff can be safe.
That’s why here we are with one of the best dry bags for kayaking, Free grace waterproof dry bags.
Free grace offers a set of 3dry bags, one for your mobile phone, one smaller bag for small accessories and a large backpack which is considered to be one of the best waterproof backpacks for kayaking.
Super value set of three dry bags:
The set includes an IPX8 Certified waterproof mobile phone case that is touch screen friendly which lets you use your phone while kayaking while keeping it safe. It is suitable for up to 6.5inches screen size phones.
The small pouch is here to keep your money, passport, ID cards, and other small things protected. It comes with a waist strap that allows you to wear it as a waist pack, shoulder bag or even a cross body bag. The larger backpack lets you keep your clothing and other large gears safe and secured. With the 10x safer straps, you can carry it as a backpack or even tie it with the kayak.
High-quality waterproof material:
Made of 500D Tarpaulin, all the 3 dry bags are very lightweight, tear resistant and super durable. These are made with premium double closer strip seals that keep all the things inside safe and dry even from water submersion.
Premium closure strip seals:
These are made with premium double closure strip seals that keep all the things inside safe and dry even from water submersion.
The small pouch and the large backpack both come with an adjustable strap to let you use it in any way you like!
Why we consider Free grace set best dry bags for kayaking:
- Includes 3 types of dry bags for multi purposes.
- High-quality material that lasts a long time.
- Tear resistant and super durable.
- Includes premium double strip seals.
- Very reasonable in price.
- Good value for money.
[amazon_link asins=’B06XCJ2V4S’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e90d5925-e261-452e-a391-614790c085a9′]
That’s why you can definitely try out this best waterproof backpack for kayaking.
best anchor for kayak fishing
One of the basic and important kayak accessories for fishing is a kayak anchor. Whether you want to keep your kayak in one place while fishing or prevent your kayak from floating away, a good kayak anchor is a must. A good quality river anchor systems for boats should be lightweight but sturdy enough to hold the kayak in place. In this regard, BEST Marine and Outdoor has brought the best anchor for kayak fishing in the market that has already become a top favorite of water explorers!
- Ideally made for kayak fishing.
- The set comes with an anchor, a stainless steel carabineer, 40-foot propylene rope, a buoy ball, and a nylon storage bag.
- The galvanized anchor is rust resistant and durable.
- The anchor line is 40 feet in length but the anchor is only 12 inches x 3 inches when closed so that it can be stored in a very small space.
- Very easy to operate the system.
- 4 fluke anchor design for proper grip.
- Curved scooping system that lets it dig into the soft bottom but stays put.
- Money back guarantee.
- Made of very good quality material.
- Resistant to rust.
- Made in a very ideal size which takes very minimal space in storage.
- Very easy kayak anchor setup system.
- Offers a money back guarantee.
[amazon_link asins=’B01KE1K9XW’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5f522df1-6253-475c-8de3-66e11e66fe68′]
So, you can definitely take a look at this one of the best anchors for inflatable boat.
Best kayak paddle for fishing
If you are into kayaking, the first thing you need apart from the kayak itself is a kayak paddle. Kayaking is a very enjoyable sport, but sometimes it can be risky too when you are going through high tides in adverse weather. That’s why you need to equip yourself with the best kayak accessories. Now if you are on a budget but not very knowledgeable with kayak paddles, here we are with the best kayak paddle under 150 $ for you, Sea Sense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle.
- Nylon blade filled with fiberglass for the best durability.
- Exclusive feathered blade design.
- Very light weighed shaft with foam grips for additional strength and comfort.
- Two-piece easy to assemble and disassemble design.
- The asymmetrical design that comes with 3 locking positions and a support ridge.
- Adjustable grip rings.
- High-quality design.
Why do we recommend Sea Sense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle?
Very promising design:
The Sea Sense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle has a great asymmetrical design. The blade has a feathered design so that it can be used even on a windy day.
High-quality material & great durability:
The best thing about this paddle is that it’s very durable and one goes a long time. The blade is made of polypropylene and filled with fiberglass so that it’s very lightweight and durable.
Easy to assemble & disassemble:
The paddle comes in 2 pieces. It takes like a minute or two assemble and disassemble it which saves a lot of time.
Minimal storage space:
As the paddles come in 2 pieces, you can just disassemble it when not in use and store in a very small space.
Floating on water:
This paddle floats on water.
[amazon_link asins=’B003CUTB1Y’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’dfc77ba6-96f5-4519-a64c-b1627eb87824′]
Overall, this kayak paddle is a very high-quality paddle which makes it one of the best sit on top kayak paddles. If you are on a budget, you can definitely go for this SeaSense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle as it offers you a good quality compared to its price.
Best kayak rod holder
If you are someone who loves kayak fishing, there’s another one of the must need kayak accessories for fishing which is a kayak rod holder. Basically, kayak rod holders are what differentiates a fishing kayak from an ordinary kayak. Rod holders free up your hands so that you can paddle, de-hook a fish, grab it or do other things.
There are a few types of rod holders like deck rod holder, flush mount and some others. Comparatively, flush mount rod holders are less expensive and easy to install with some basic tools. So here we are with the best fishing rod holder for you, KSTON Flush Mount Fishing Boat Rod Holder.
What KSTON Flush Mount Fishing Boat Rod Holder offers?
KSTON Flush Mount Fishing Boat Rod Holder is claimed to be the best kayak crate rod holder in the market now. Made of very high-quality material, it’s super durable. It’s featured with a cap cover and a rubber base gasket. Plus, it comes with 3 fixing points so you can adjust it quickly and keep it secured.
It’s very easy to install without any additional tool. The 30-degree angle head design makes it even handier. Besides, its lightweight helps you to keep your rod in the proper place in a very natural manner.
- Comes in a set of 2 at the price of 1.
- Includes a cap cover with a rubber gasket.
- Very safe design as it comes with 3 fixing points.
- Very sturdy and durable.
- Super easy to install.
- Very cheap priced but good quality.
- Good value for money.
[amazon_link asins=’B01IT2DCAU’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4ce3c4dc-99bd-4055-82dc-18e23365e3e3′]
So, this KSTON Flush Mount Fishing Boat Rod Holder has all the qualities to be called the best fishing rod holder. So you can definitely give it a try.
Best kayak gloves
For kayakers who stay out kayaking for a long period of time, one of the very essential and basic kayak safety tips is to put on warm gloves all the time. A pair of good kayak gloves doesn’t only protect your skin from sunburn, it can protect your hands from blisters and sores and keep your kayaking journey comfortable.
According to kayaking clothing guide, good quality gloves must be made of very good quality material and be comfortable. In this regard, Warmers Barnacle Half-finger Paddling Glove meets all the requirements!
Warmers Barnacle Half-finger Paddling Glove:
These gloves are specially made keeping kayakers in mind. Made with Neoprene, Lycra and Terry fabric, these gloves provide superior protection and control. The terry cloth lets you wipe off sweat from your face and eyes.
The silicone barnacle tactile of the gloves gives a skin-like feeling to your hands and offers best grip control. The material of it lets it dry very quickly and give you a warm feeling. These warm inside gloves are great for both summer and a bit cooler weather making it one of the best kayaking gloves in the market.
Why Warmers Barnacle Half-finger Paddling Glove stands out so much?
- The main feature is the material of the gloves. Neoprene, Lycra and Terry cloth all are super durable and last a very long time.
- Quick drying materials keep your hand dry.
- Fingerless so your hands won’t sweat.
- Comes with a superior grip.
- Eye catchy design.
- Ideal for both warm summer weather and cool weather.
- Nice addition with terry clothes for wiping off sweats.
- Very light weighed yet super durable.
- Great value for money.
[amazon_link asins=’B00651FV8O’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b13a76c0-a387-4307-83d0-5bbed8ac214a’]
That’s why you can definitely try out these awesome Warmers Barnacle Half-finger Paddling Gloves.
best fishing backpack under 100
Who doesn’t love kayak fishing in the ocean on a beautiful day? Kayak fishing is a very fun experience but it can also be full of unpredictability sometimes. That’s why you always need to be prepared by equipping yourself with all the necessary things. And you need a very good fishing backpack for it. That’s why we are going to introduce you to the best fishing tackle backpackof 2018!
The most important feature of a good fishing backpack is the storage options of it. Because when you are fishing you’ll need to keep your gears very close to yourself. The next thing to keep in mind is comfort. Fishing may require a lot of time sometimes. When you are out to fish kayaking with an uncomfortable backpack you’ll be left with pain and sores.
Another important thing is its durability which you can’t have in a DIY fishing backpack. When you are kayaking you have to invest a lot in other accessories so you won’t want to keep spending on backpacks, so make sure one lasts a long time. Keeping all these factors in mind, Anglatech has brought a very unique backpack vest in the market.
•Ripstop Nylon construction:
Made with ripstop nylon, the Anglatech fly fishing backpack has super durability.
Combining the design of a fishing vest with the storage of a backpack, this Anglatech fly fishing backpack lets you keep all your gears within your reach.
•1.5-liter water bladder:
The backpack includes a 1.5liter bladder to keep your liquids and stay hydrated throughout your journey.
•2 waterproof pockets:
It has 2 special waterproof pockets to keep your smartphone and other belongings dry.
•Mesh back for best comfort:
The back of the backpack vest is made with breathable mesh clothing so that air can flow in and out and keep you cool.
It comes with an adjustable waist and shoulder straps to let you have the perfect fit.
Why is Anglatech fly fishing backpack the best fishing backpack?
- It’s made of very good material so one lasts a long time.
- It’s super fit and comfortable because of the breathable mesh and adjustable straps.
- It has a lot of storage options.
- It even comes with a 1.5 liter bladder so you don’t need to carry any water bottle.
- The bag is expandable so it has a lot of space inside.
[amazon_link asins=’B017J75PLK’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’820ed187-23a2-4cdb-bfdb-a21149a1f8af’]
So definitely check out the best fishing tackle backpack, the Anglatech fly fishing backpack to make the most of your kayak fishing journey.
Best GPS fish finder battery case
What can take kayak fishing to a next level is a good GPS fish finder. Doesn’t matter what kind of water way you are on, a GPS fish finder can find out the location of fishes with perfect accuracy.
GPS fish finders usually user Sound Navigation and Ranging which is known as SONAR to locate the fishes accurately. But even if you are using the best GPS fish finder, taking it to the ocean without any protection can be risky. The weather can get bad at any time there. That’s why you need a very good waterproof case to keep it safe. Elephant K100 custom made kayak battery case can be helpful for you.
- Custom made by Elephant Cases USA.
- Made waterproof, dust proof and crust proof.
- High impact resistance.
- Resistant to corrosion and UV.
- Waterproof 4 pins IP68 Marine Grade Polarized connectors which are resistant to water even when the plug cap is off.
- Stainless steel hardware based construction.
- Included with pressure relief valves.
- A rubberized handle which can be folded down.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
The Elephant K100 custom made kayak battery case includes:
- 2 Marine Grade waterproof IP68 4 pin polarized electric connectors: 1 Female and 1 Male.
- 2 water tight fuse holders of the marine grade.
- 2 fuses: a 3 amp fuse for GPS fish finders and other delicate electronics and a 5 amp fuse for the charger or lighters.
- 2 wires inside the case for the connection.
- 2 pre-cubed foams and 1 solid foam and 1 top crate for easy customization.
Material:Fiber Reinforced Polymer which is basically hard plastic.
Working temperature:-40 degree Celsius to 90 degree Celsius.
Warranty:Yes, 30 days warranty.
Why Elephant K 100 custom made case?
- Very sturdy construction.
- Ideal size for keeping any GPS fish finder.
- Corrosion and UV resistant.
- Very durable.
- Comes with several foams inside to keep the GPS fish finder stable and in place.
- Has 2 types of fuses for both fish finders and small electronic devices.
- Offers a 30days money back warranty.
- Good value for money.
[amazon_link asins=’B00S5OCF5Q’ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c1d24009-3853-4c7d-a1cd-64e06e6aede0′]
So, the Elephant K100 custom made kayak fishing case can be very handy and useful with a good GPS fish finder. You won’t have to worry about your fish finder and electronic devices even if it rains. Do check out this product.
Yeti Fishing Cooler
The last one of our list is a must need kayak accessory for fishing, fishing cooler. If you are someone who loves kayak fishing, then you must know how important a cooler is. When you are fishing you have to stay out for a long time that may lead the fish to become smelly and unworthy of eating.
If you store them in a cooler, they will remain fresh and eatable until you reach your home. Besides, you can also store beverages, snacks in the cooler when it’s hot outside and keepsyou hydrated and fresh while fishing.
Choosing the best cooler:
There are so many different types of fishing cooler in the market that it can be overwhelming to choose the best cooler. A good fishing cooler needs to be lightweight and portable so that you can easily carry it with you to the kayak. Besides, it needs to have enough space to keep the fishes and beverages altogether. The durability of it must be good so that it can go a long way. Keeping all these in mind, we’ve chosen the best cooler for you, YETI portable cooler.
Puncture resistant DryHide shell:
The cooler is made of The Hopper’s high density fabric which makes it waterproof, UV proof, mildew, and abrasion and puncture resistant. The FDA approved food grade material made liner adds up to its super durability.
Yeti cooler comes with a cold cell insulation and closed cell foam as well which keeps the fish and drinks cold for longer than other ordinary coolers.
Top rated waterproof zipper:
This cooler includes a supreme zipper which is both leak-proof and water resistant that keeps the cooler intact and waterproof all the time.
It can store up to 16 cans and ice inside at the same time and keep them cool for all day long.
The cooler comes in 6 different colors so that you can match the cooler with your kayak and keep it vibrant.
Why do we recommend YETI Portable Cooler?
•The best thing about the Yeti cooler is its material and durability. Made with the best material this cooler is resistant to almost everything and it can withstand any kind of abuse.
•The next amazing thing about this cooler is its cooling system. Made with cold cell insulation system and super closed cell foam, it can keep things cold for longer than most fishing coolers.
•The wide mouth opening system of it lets you get in and out multiple things at once and keep a look on your things.
•The zipper of this cooler is very top rated. It keeps the cooler compact and waterproof all the time.
•It comes in a very ideal size that can store a lot of things at a time and not take much space in the kayak.
•This cooler even comes in different colors which is very rare for fishing coolers.
[amazon_link asins=’B073XDC8N6′ template=’SsazImageL’ store=’kayak09b-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d17f7b67-1226-4d21-bde7-fcfe47ea83fb’]
So, if you want to have the best experience with your fishing cooler, do check out this amazing YETI fishing cooler.
So, these are our top 10cool kayak accessoriesfor you. All of the kayak accessories are must haves for the best experience in the kayaking adventure. These are of the best quality in the market of 2018. If you are looking for a cheaper price, Amazon has got them all in the best price. Do check them out on Amazon and let us know what you think about the amazing kayak accessories.
We hope this article was helpful to you.