Sevylor is one of the most reliable brand names for manufacturing amazing kayaks and fishing canoes. In recent years, they have brought the best quality canoes with improved facilities. Their Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe is a gold one in their collection. It is one of the best solo inflatable kayaks in the market.
The Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe is designed for paddling in calm water and for fishing. Its 18 gauge PVC based construction with a thick tarpaulin bottom and sturdy nylon cover make it go through any water condition. From its beautiful exterior design to its super comfortable interior facilities, it’s one of the favorite canoes this year. Today I am giving you a detailed Sevylor Kayak Review so that you can take a look at it.
In my Sevylor Rio review, I am going to explain the features, specifications, pros, cons and share my overall opinion about this kayak.
Sevylor Rio Review- What its best for:
- Water condition:The Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe is designed for calm waters. It performs best in river and lakes. It’s quite durable but it’s not great in fast water areas.
- The number of paddlers:This kayak is one of the few solo inflatable kayaks available in the market. It light enough to be controlled by a solo paddler.
- Age:This kayak is very easy to use. It’s also very light so it can be handled and carried quite easily. So it can be used by any water explorer despite their age.
- Purpose:The kayak comes with all the facilities for the best fishing experience. For its stability and overall options, it’s also popular as a Sevylor Tahiti hunt and fish kayak.
What it claims:
From its sturdy durable construction to its comforting interior, the Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe claims to fulfill all the basic requirements for both kayaking and fishing. It’s designed as an inflatable solo kayak which can be paddled by both canoe paddles and kayak paddles.
It also includes an option to add a small motor to it for fastening and is very light weighted and can be carried easily in a small space when inflated. It comes with a seat and cushion for the most comfort. With all features, the pricing of this kayak makes it one of the most affordable kayaks in the market.
Products from Amazon.com
Here are some features in details.
- Very durable construction: The Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe is made out of 18 gauge rigid and heavy-duty PVC construction. The bottom of the kayak is made of 1000D tarpaulin material. Moreover, it’s covered with 840D nylon for protection from punctures. There are multiple air chambers in the kayak. So even if it gets a puncture the other chambers remain safe. The best thing about this kayak is it comes with a patented airtight system which makes it impossible to leak.
- Double and mini double lock valves: The kayak comes with multiple double lock valves that lock air in two ways. It makes the canoe inflated perfectly without letting any air to leak.
- Four grab handles: The kayak includes 4 grab handles in it for extra safety. Two on both ends of the kayak and two on each side.
- Inflatable seat with cushion: It comes with an inflatable cushion seat that provides very good back support. There’s a cushion under the seat to provide the best comfort which can be inflated too.
- Enough space and legroom: Though the kayak is a narrow kayak with about 28.6inches width, there is enough space and legroom for a solo paddler. There’s a removable storage bag where you can keep your necessary things or remove it if you need extra space.
- Motor fitting: There are Sevylor motor fittings for adding a small motor to the kayak for more speed.
- Barkley rod holder: The kayak comes with an adjustable Barkley Quick Set rod holder for enhanced fishing.
- Additional necessities: The package comes with a bucket seat, a removable mesh storage bag, a carry bag, and pressure gauge. It also has an optional 12-volt motor.
- Warranty: The Sevylor manufacturer offers a 1-year limited warranty for any damage.
Here are the accurate specifications of the Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe.
- Material: 18 gauge heavy-duty PVC body, 1000D tarpaulin bottom, and 840D nylon cover.
- Color: Black and olive
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Holding capacity: → 1 paddler
→ 350 pounds
- Valve type: Boston two way lock valves.
- Grab holders: 4 grab holders; 2 on each end and 2 on each side.
- Includes: →An inflatable seat with an inflatable cushion
→Barkley Quick Set rod holder
→Removable mesh storage bag
- Certification: NMMA certified.
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty.
- Well designed.
- Very durable construction.
- Multiple air chambers to protect the other chambers when one is punctured.
- The patented airtight system to prevent almost any leak.
- Inflatable seat and cushion for great back support and comfort while paddling.
- Grab handles on all sides for safety.
- Adjustable rod holder for freehand fishing.
- Adjustable small motor for increasing speed.
- Carry handles for easy carrying in and out.
- Small pockets on the sides of the seat to keep things near to you.
- Removable storage bag to keep necessary things.
- D-rings to attach equipment easily.
- A whole package at a very reasonable price.
- 1-year warranty for any damage.
- Good value for money.
- It’s designed for calm waters, so it doesn’t track well in fast water areas.
- The valves are a little bit difficult to work with.
Products from Amazon.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Does it come with valves?
A: Yes, it comes with top quality Boston valves.
Q: If a chamber is punctured can it still float?
A: It’s one of the best features of Sevylor kayak that the kayak has multiple air chambers. So even one chamber is punctured, the other chambers stay protected.
Q: Is the skeg removable?
A: Yes the skeg is removable.
So, here’s my overall Sevylor fish hunter 1 kayak review. From the promises the Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe claims and the features it has, it looks like a very promising kayak. If you are looking for good quality and long lasting kayak at a very reasonable rate, I will highly recommend you to try it out.
I hope you found this article helpful.